Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday February 22, 2011

Proverbs 23:10-12


Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,  for their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you.  Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.

So thankful for my four blessings from Heaven

Thankful for two boys

Thankful for two girls


Thankful that God moved mountains to save these two from across the world.



I am feeling so full of doubt and overwhelmed by the responsibilities of everyday life.  I know that all I have to be concerned with is one day at a time.  God brought Elijah and Sneha home to us in the midst of two job layoffs, surgeries, selling a home, buying a home, and moving towns.  I am so full of fear that we have another lay off or have to move again.  I can  handle the loss of moving, but it is so hard for children to start over in school and with friends.   Stepping out in faith has separated us from many and it can be a very lonely place.  As we read the Bible we learn and see that this is what happens, but it doesn't make it any less difficult.  Some times I wake up and wonder why I am here and how  did we end up this way. Most days I have confidence, but that doubt creeps up.  When I look at the big picture I wouldn't change the recent choices that we have made.I feel guilty for not taking a trip to see my brother and his family and I miss them so much.  I know that lives do not depend on that vacation and lives could change with our trip to India.  Funds are tight and we do not have money for both.  I know this life is not about our comfort, but sometimes I feel a pity party creeping up.  I love Oregon and the coast and I just need to know that it is right to go India and use all of our vacation money.  I pray the children will understand the eternal importance, not just the day to day.




Luke 12:6-8 (NIV)



 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  “I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.




I just need to remember the promises from the Bible. I need to live each day as if it is my last  and pray for faith the size of a mustard seed.  If our Father in Heaven wants Joy to come home it will happen.  If I am to go to India it will happen.  End of story it is all in God's hands!!!






No comments: