Monday, June 27, 2011

Time Flies.................

"Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves. When our dreams come true because we dreamed too little. When we arrive safely because we have sailed too close to the shore. Disturb us, Lord."
Sir Francis Drake





      It is hard to believe that June is almost over.  Time flies whether  it is fun or not. Four days and the change will happen whether we want it to or not.  We have prayed for a change and here it is 4 days away!!!  What does God have in store for our family.  I am dreaming GRANDE, as good as a latte grande made with coffee grow on the coastal ghats of India and buffalo milk.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Or one of my favorite re-occurring Indian memories, coming back to my room out of the heat,noise, and pollution to lay on a firm bed with white linens and looking up at the high ceiling with the fan on high and the air conditioning set to freeze me.  Now that is a big dream to match up to those memories.









"For I know the plan I have for you"-"plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11




    Are we ready?  That is the million dollar question????I don't know, as ready as one can be.  A great resource is Operation World a huge book on countries and specific needs world wide. We took a family vote and the vote came in CHINA, no surprise there.  We all love China's culture,people,tradition, and great beauty of the land.    The next close runner ups were Thailand and India.  Of course we are open to stay right here as well for the right opportunity.  I find myself recently intrigued by Cambodia.  I would like some where with snow and 4 seasons, but that is just a preference not a requirement.  As many of you know that I love snow and winter months.  I would give it up for a major life change and opportunity.  I would go into the furnace countries for an adventure. Most importantly that HIS will be done, whether that is here or over there, where ever THERE may be.

“If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.”
 Matthew 16:25 NLT   




   



No comments: