Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.


Most people dream of summer all year long, but it is the most difficult time of year for me.  I love it when all schedules are set the weather is not so hot.  I do have to say that so far the nice cool and rainy weather I love!!!When ever we are in the adoption process I tend to worry.  I wish the IRS would send our tax refund, they are holding on to the adoption tax credit due to adopting families!:(  Our home study is almost complete and then we apply to immigration .  I so hope that we will be able to bring two little people home.  We had originally thought just one child, but if a younger than 6 year old that is healthy becomes available we are going to try to bring 2 home.  We know that if this is what God wants the child will become available for us.  So much of life is waiting, waiting, and waiting some more.  My time frame is, "I want it now", and this is not always the best.  His time, not mine.  I know that we had to wait so long for Sneha was because we weren't ready, Elijah needed adjustment time and we needed to move again.  Her needs were far greater than we anticipated as were Elijah's so we needed time to get medical issues taken care of.  People hesitate that now is not the right time to adopt, we don't have enough money , not enough time, nor enough patience.  The good news is that we don't control time.  The key is obedience and trust!  Our Father in heaven will work out the details.  We just need to say "YES" to what he asks of us.  Many say I don't hear the voice of God, how do you know?  Everything we need to live life is one God breathed manuscript-THE HOLY BIBLE.  We read, we pray, and then we act, so the glory goes to God.  He will give us what we need when we are obedient to His will.



There are good days, bad days, and many in between.  It is not because we adopted, it is just life.  No matter if we are busy there is always time  for more.  I still have wasted time in my schedule, it just depends on how I manage my time.  When I look back on the last 4 years we have had hardships, and many joys.  With out our adoption journey's I would have the awesome memories of a life time and the children that go with them.  I never want all my children to leave home and so we adopt to fill our hearts, lives, and home.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

No comments: