Monday, October 25, 2010

Sacrifice..........October 25, 2010 Do we ever????

Yesterday at church we heard about sacrifice, but do we really ever sacrifice anything?  I think that we are always so caught up in our wants and needs that we always have an ulterior motive.  We humans are just so human.  Thinking back to 2007 when we first saw our little Sneha's picture on http://www.reecesrainbow.org/.   We knew God was calling us to this little girl across the world.  We thought the battle to bring her home was difficult, but I am so glad it was and it somewhat prepared us for the battles in raising a special needs older child.  We will never know what she has been  through in the past.  When a child is mainly non-verbal convention  parenting goes out  the window.  I remember before  my first trip to go meet  Sneha  I talked  with someone  who had met her and her observations were crushing to my heart.  I knew that God chose her for us, but she will never  be independent.  The lady that met her said she will never be able to sit down and read a novel.   I cried tears over our possible losses, not over her losses.  Crying over sadness for ourselves for the commitment and the long road ahead.  I cried for her misfortune, sickness, and tremendous sadness.   I thank our Father in Heaven for pushing us along the path to India.  People have said to me, "I could never do what you do."  Honestly with out Jesus guiding my every step I cannot do what I have to do.  I have never  had to try to  teach someone that doesn't want to learn  or try.   I think so much sadness and loss breaks a person so that they will give up.  I am so glad that God has the ultimate plan for success for Sneha.   Somedays we go two step forward, but the next day it may be five backwards. We need to follow the path and the results are left to God, not us.  We need to be patient and give her time to learn in her own time. She is home with a forever family and now there is no rush.  We are thankful that our fears of the unknown did not consume us and that God did not give up on urging and reminding us about the lonely, sickly, nonverbal child tucked away in an orphanage across the world.  She is so worth it!


Psalm 119:105
 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

No comments: