Thursday, October 28, 2010

Directions-Why don't we have on star for every day life???? Oh I guess we do we just have to listen.


Swaziland Africa 








Habakkuk 2:19


Woe to him who says to wood, 'Come to life!' Or to lifeless stone, 'Wake up!' Can it give guidance? It is covered with gold and silver; there is no breath in it.




Direction as defined by Merriam-Webster

: the line or course on which something is moving or is aimed to move or along which something is pointing or facing .

 : a guiding, governing, or motivating purpose

Let us contemplate for just a moment the true definitions of direction.  The line or course on which something is moving or aimed.  It  doesn't say our end destination.  Why are we so focused on the end of our route.  The time and space of the in between journey matter, the space between the starting dot and the ending dot.  The next  part of the definition a guiding, governing, or motivating purpose.  We have the motivating purpose but why is it so difficult  to get from point A  to point B.  Reaching the "half way point" of life this year reminds me that time flies by and I must not let even one day  go by without being intentional in everything.  I never want to waste time again on the unimportant.  I don't know if everyone has a said life list, but I need to get going to accomplish what is on the list and  more.  Of course with time the list has changed and been added to.   Some times God adds to our list which should ultimately be his list.  On my "own" list travel  to China.  I started to love China at 15 years of age and I traveled at 38 years of age.  Not on my "own" list INDIA.  Well now India is forever in my heart.  God placed India on the list and I look forward to traveling there for the 3rd time in the new year.  One thing that I have  learned from moving soooo much is that life does not always follow our projected direction of travel.  Did I ever mention how many times Brent and I have moved in 18 years?  Take a guess.......I had to take a break to count only 9 times and many to different towns.  Not as many as it feels like.  Along the way we have met great people and made good friends, but always to leave.  The good news is that with the Heavenly Good News we will meet up with many on heavens side.  Not forgotten and not gone forever, just waiting to meet up later.  To make a long story short for the next 40 years I want to have so many memories and adventures that I won't even be able to remember them all, too many to count. On the list, travel to  Swaziland Africa the nation one of the most aids affected nations on the earth 25% of  people in country are living with the virus. We cannot turn away from  those most in need.  Let the praise, glory, and honor be to our Father in Heaven.



Philippians 1:20


I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.


If you want to help or learn  more about Swaziland visit: http://www.hopechest.org/  or http://blog.beliefnet.com/redletters/ .  Tom Davis is the  CEO of Childre's Hope Chest and author of many life changing books."Red Letters, Fields of the Fatherless, Sacred, and Priceless".  He loves the orphan and helps churchs come together to help the orphan, widow, and fatherless.

No comments: