Wednesday, March 10, 2010







Some days before I open my eyes and before I am fully awake I can't even remember where I live and what room I am in. Sleeping in a twin bed trying not to touch a broken arm doesn't lend to a good nights sleep. I guess that means that I have moved way tooooo much. Am I late to go to the hospital getting people ready for surgery--- 5am rolls around quickly or am I burning the 350 cinnamon rolls for the kids at Bacon Elementary. Thoughts spin and turn all about. Dreams are places of security the same room, the same bed, and the same old streets to drive down, the same people as your neighbors, and the same friends calling on the phone. I open my eyes and remember oh yeah this is where I live and the silence, but for the trains whistle closes in. Thank goodness our Savior is the true CONSTANT in our lives. This life is but a breath in the passages of eternity. We asked to follow the road less traveled, we said we would give up everything to do so, but sometimes a bit of earthly comfort and security could ease our doubts. I never doubt eternity it is just doubting the path to travel there. Sometimes the road seems so long and dusty, and the wind stings my eyes. I wish the wind could stop blowing and I could just comfortably walk and enjoy the flowers on the side of the road.


"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1Peter 3:15

3 comments:

Kari said...

I am so sorry to hear that Sneha broke her arm. :( Bless her heart.
Praying for Sneha and for you too. Praying that even in this journey with the wind blowing fiercely at times that you feel the comfort and provision of our Saviour.
Please let me know when and where you will be when you are in Fort Collins. I would love to come and spend some time with you.
Big Hugs!!!! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And WOW, Sneha looks so fantastic in these photos. Poor little girl, broken arm when you are dead asleep isn't fun. I had a child do that a few years back... And it scary for mom and dad to wake up to that scream. She looks to be bouncing back well! :)

chaniemom said...

Hello Holly,
I tried calling the surgery center but they would not give me any information about whether or not you were there or Sneha was admitted, etc. Frustrating with the HIPA laws. So, please know that we were hoping to see you but don't know how to get in touch with you.
Love, the Regans