Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19, 2010



This sums up our week at home.Uhm........How can a child regress so much in just one week????I thought the love of a family was enough. Clearly issues of heart cannot be solved in just a few months time, if ever. Abuse, neglect, and the unknown scar the innocent for life, locked within the chambers of their own heart. I wish I could find the key to her mysteries, but she has to be willing to unlock the truth. Last week she was saying a lot more sounds and her spirits were up, but this week no words not even sound. I suppose it is a way to control when she was not in control of her situation for so long. Little does she know that we will take control and walk down life's path with her at her side every step of the way. Breaking her arm and the isolation of no school brings back to many memories of 5 years watching everyone else participate in life, but her. I wish she could comprehend this is temporary and life will resume as soon as her arm heals. Anger devours our soul and Sneha is so angry at the person who in her mind took everything away, me her mom. This to shall pass in due time.

Poem by Emily Dickenson:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune with the words
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That keep so many warm

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea;
yet never in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.


John 12:27

"Now my heart is troubled, what shall I say? "Father save me from this hour. No, it was for this very reason that I came to this hour."

2 comments:

chaniemom said...

I'm praying for you. Yes, they certainly can regress. I imagine it's especially hard when you can't communicate with words. Sorry we didn't make it to visit with you. If it's any encouragement, Penny usually comes around after about a week. The book that's been helping me is "Parenting the Internationally Adopted Child".

Kelly said...

I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Our foster son, who has lived with us for 2 years, and has been legally adopted by us for 3 months has had a terrible time lately with behaviors we hadn't seen in quite some time. It is very frustrating! But it seems like he is settling down some once again... Praying her heart is healed!