Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Each and every day when I wake up I may be so tired and not knowing what the day has to hold, but I am so thankful that two children the least of these are finally HOME and I am not worrying every night that they have enough to eat. Graedy and Elise have learned so much and have embraced two total strangers and have welcomed them home as siblings. The lessons that our birth children have learned could not have been learned from just observing other families. My hope and prayer for Graedy and Elise is that they will step out a way from the world and take God's hand into the unknown to make a difference. God is working in their hearts for the better, but with change comes growth. We all know that growing is painful, but very necessary to our souls. I hope that some day they will venture across the world to see how the rest of the world really lives .




I HAVE CONCLUDED.........




I have concluded that the accumulation of wealth, even if I could achieve it, is an insufficient reason for living. When I reach the end of my days, a moment or two from now, I must look backward on something more meaningful that the pursuit of houses, land, stocks, and bonds-nor is fame any lasting benefit. I will consider my earthly existence to have been wasted unless I can recall a loving family, a consistent investment in the lives of people, and an earnest attempt to serve God who made me. Nothing else makes much sense.




Author: James Dobson




Any one considering the idea of adoption ,my advice is don't wait a moment longer!!!!If we would have even waited a couple weeks later than we started Elijah may not have been in our family. If we would have waited for more words from God we would have missed out. Little did we know that while processing two adoptions that in the midst of it all Brent would be laid off TWO times in twelve months. I am just so glad that God does ask to know the future it would scare us to death. We are given knowledge when we need it. We would have doubted, and God knew the out come. Through trials we are able to see beyond the today with God's help. We as humans do not need all the answer now, we just need to be obedient. God will open the flood gates to bless those who step out in obedience even when the numbers and facts on earth do not make sense. Step out and welcome a child without a family home. Many eastern block countries allow adoptions up to 60 years old, so search your heart and is God calling you to adopt the fatherless and orphaned? Only 2% of Christians adopt, could Emmanuel Baptist and other Church's come together and embrace God's plan for humanity. Each family can make a difference, a difference to one is the world to that one. Adoption is God's plan and it is not second best, it is the perfect plan.




"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me, and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."




Jeremiah 29 11-13

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wonderful post! I LOVE the quote by James Dobson! Amen!