Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adoption the plea for today............01/21/10

Adoption-- God's plan for the earth and it's people

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Are you wondering how we could adopt twice in two years and having been laid off twice in one year? In the last four years we have lived in Great Falls, Montana, Fort Collins, Colorado, and now small town prairie Colorado. Will we ever be satisfied with where we are in life to take a step? The answer is can we wait for our circumstances to become perfect to act on behalf of the orphan, the fatherless, and the widow? The time is now, the hour is near, the children of the world can't wait for us to become more comfortable. The broken pipe, the broken sump pump, the malfunctioning car door, and bald tires are minor inconveniences. The struggles of every day life to distract our focus off of the Truth. Comfort is stifling our mighty nation, comfort has made us forget the needy, and remember only our needs. We say I'll act after I get these bills paid off, I'll act after one last great vacation, I'll act after I get my car paid off, I just can remember years of excuses. Time waits for no one or anything, our constant in life that of change. One day we will wake up old and realize time has left us.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that naturewill reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”- Galatians 6:7-8

With 40 right around the corner I can say that I wasted years putting my needs first. Having been a Christian for 29 years I should have opened my eyes sooner. Brent and I missed our chance to travel as young people around the world proclaiming God's Good News. He has to have a job with excellent insurance because of our families great health needs and expensive medications. Before moving here we checked into many companies that send Christian to other nations to teach the Gospel, but we are too old and should have done this when we were young before children. In the next 10 years or less I will probably have to have open heart surgery and with each passing year my time to fly and travel abroad shortens. I guess having a major life event looming ahead gives me urgency to act. I already have the affects of stenosis and I am reminded daily. Flying makes me swell and I am always scared it will affect by breathing. Luckily for the last two years I have been breathing smoothly with no major "spells" I no longer worry about my days for we rest in the hand of our savior. He has our days numbered and we have to use our time wisely. Christ adopted us into his family, and we are called to adopt the lost, lonely, and fatherless into our families. The time is now to tell the world of our Risen King.
We are so thankful the our Indian Princess is home and it has almost been two months already.

Psalm 28: 7-9
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. 8 The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. 9 Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.







No comments: