Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The New Normal




Time flies..................








Life is starting to settle  into a new normal.  It is such a good feeling to have our family complete for now.  If one would have asked me 20 years ago how many kids Brent and I were going to have, the answer would have been zero.  I guess I was content with the two of us, but I am so glad that God had bigger plans for our lives.  His plans are bigger and better than we could ever imagine    All of our 5 kids have unique and individual personalities.  I can't imagine them ever moving out!   When I was younger I was so self absorbed to have time for others, sad that I wasted so much time in selfishness!!!
 
 
The Lord has been reminding the pain of Job and the Egyptians and that we must be thankful for our health.  I can't imagine the pain of having boils all over one's body.  Since my return from Africa I have had 2 boils.  I can say I would go again in a heart beat even with this and my terrible sickness upon return..  We are so lucky here in the US to have access to health care and medication.  For two weeks I have nausea, sweating, and chills.  I think this is all to help me better understand what children living in orphanages and in close quarters suffer with.  The difference being that I have the love of a family and resources.  I pray that I never forget those that cannot speak for themselves.  Looking for to trip to Portland today with Sneha's new neurologist.  It is always good to have change of scenery.
  1. Exodus 9:8
    [ The Plague of Boils ] Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Take handfuls of soot from a furnace and have Moses toss it into the air in the presence of Pharaoh.
  2. Exodus 9:9
    It will become fine dust over the whole land of Egypt, and festering boils will break out on people and animals throughout the land.”
  3. Exodus 9:10
    So they took soot from a furnace and stood before Pharaoh. Moses tossed it into the air, and festering boils broke out on people and animals.




1 comment:

Annie said...

What a beautiful family you have!!!!