Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Less than 1 week and we meet Joyce!!!!

I am so excited to meet our Joyce next Tuesday!!!I am always so nervous before a big trip..It is getting easier to remember the large packing list and the good news is I can wear my Indian clothes in Ghana so I don't have buy anything.   When meeting an older child who has our pictures I always wonder will she think do we look like our pictures, are we what she has been praying for?????It is hard to imagine that we will get to see the little girl in the picture in person.  The good news is she is used to eating Indian food, that I am familiar with.  I will be able to relate to her Sister caregivers.  Only God could place our child in Ghana in a convent run by women from India.  So chances are Joyce probably knows more things culturally about India than she does about Ghana.  We will be able to cook Indian dishes for her to remember her home with the Sisters.  We have a couple of Indian restaurants in our area and they should taste very familiar to her.  God reminds me not to forget about India and her people even when I am taking a trip to Ghana, Africa.

1 comment:

chaniemom said...

Awesome! Familiar food is always very comforting! Can't wait to hear about your travels!