Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Remembering past adoption trips-Sneha's first meeting trip

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
 Psalm 100:4-5 NIV






 
Not one day of my life has ever been the same since I went to India on Nov 9, 2007.  I had prayed for my eyes to be opened.  The harsh truth was that I wasn't yet ready.....I don't think any amount of preparation can prepare one to see what I saw.  I now that I was living in the American cocoon.  I was warm and fuzzy yet something was stirring in my heart for more.  I thought that I knew of hardship, job losses and life.  Little did I know how the rest of humanity copes with everyday life.  How could I know?  I have read book and seen pictures and most definitely identified what I didn't want, but What Did I Want?????I am no longer content to wait in the ordinary.  I want more than the "American Dream", and if felt like a dead end.  I need to look up and see a different sign ahead in the distance.  Well, starting the adventure to India and beyond sent me down a steep hill and up many steep hills.  I know that nothing is in my control, the control and directions are laid out from our Father in Heaven.  I grasp my hands so tightly, but everything slips through.  It is all His, not mine.  I can't save them all, but I have to keep trying to do all I can through His power.  Our life is NOT about having everything in order then to be available.  Be available when there is chaos and too much to possibly accomplish within our own power.  A new home, and not all unpacked, lining up new doctors, dentists, orthodontist, and the list goes on and on.  I guess it comes down to this are we AVAILABLE when it isn't convenient and all together?  Will go to meet the one that  can't ever remember the love of her mother or father.  Are we really available to let the lonely be placed in families.  Our lives are transition and upheaval until the day we meet our Father in heaven above.  I remember the children that lived with Sneha and wonder do they have families or are they alone in the world.  Two brothers in India lost their mother she left the family and so they were left with the love of their father, but he was hit and killed in traffic.  I met these two lovely boys, and I pray they have a family, but the odds of two older boys finding a family is slim to nothing. 









We are hopeful and excited to meet our new daughter Joyce in Ghana. A time filled with excitement and embracing the unknown.  Her world is about to turned upside down and we pray that we can ease this for her.   Brent has always wanted to see Africa since he was little.  We hope we can go before the years end, but waiting to hear.

1 comment:

chaniemom said...

If I look at the bottom picture of you with Sneha and then I scroll down to your previous post and see the picture of Sneha smiling in the swing I can't even believe that she is the same person. What a joyful face! What a blessing to see this amazing transformation that has taken place in her life since she has come into your family. Praying that Joy will get to come home soon, too!