Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remembering India 11/2007

Many miles from here a little girl waits for a family to take her home. It is hard to believe with all the people in the world God chose her for us to meet and someday bring home. Out of all the websites and hundreds of waiting childrens faces God kept prompting us to take one more step....Find out about her, find out how to bring her into your family. I have to admit after finding out about her and all her problems I was scared to death. I talked to two people who knew her personally and the prognosis was not what I had hoped. It is not about what we want or the ideas that we have. What we need is to have a willing heart to say yes, Lord what do you want for us? What are your plans? Long ago Brent and I thought of adoption before we had children. We knew that so many children who are already in the world need homes and families.

Fast forward to fall of 2007. I made the call to find out about Sneha and what we needed to do to get the ball rolling. I called the agency one last time before giving up and the agency said why don't you go meet her in a couple of weeks. What???? My mother's best friend took the trip with me. She had been on many mission trips around the world, thank goodness for her experience.



No comments: